Sunday, June 26, 2011

Reusing CD Case to make beautiful mosaics


The number one hit post that I have had on this blog is about reusing CD cases to make a mosaic. ( Check out that post for more info ) I did these with the 3rd grade the last couple of weeks of school. We did a review of what a mosaic is by visiting the AMAZING work of art we did with Lisa Arnold's the year before. Then I had them come up with a plan on a grid. I was amazed at how well they were able to follow the plan. These mosaics are using small tiles to create the image. These are tiles I had donated to me many years before. I really think you could use any materials that fit into a CD case. I have a lot of other ideas for these CD cases… just have to keep collecting away.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I have just been given quite a lot of CD cases so I can't wait to see what other ideas you have... :)

    ReplyDelete